WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump held forth on all manner of things this past week as he emerged from a “lonely” spell over the holidays. He opined for more than 90 minutes to the press, at the top of a Cabinet meeting, on the shutdown, immigration, drug prices, the Soviet history in Afghanistan, his approval ratings, Syria, oil prices, the nature of walls, the attractiveness of his generals (“better looking than Tom Cruise”), and much more. He capped the week with a Rose Garden news conference that stretched for an hour. And he’s been tweeting a lot. Trump’s accounts did not show tremendous fealty to the facts. Here’s a sampling of what he said: THE WALL TRUMP: “We’ve already built a lot of the wall.” — Rose Garden news conference Friday. THE FACTS: He hasn’t. Trump’s claim is only supported when counting work done under past presidents and ignoring the fact that fences from prior administrations are not the towering walls he promised. The 2006 Secure Fence Act has resulted in about 650 miles (1,050 kilometers) of border barrier. Money approved by Congress in March 2018 is to pay for 84 miles (135 km), but that work is not done…. Read full this story
- ‘Spygate’ Is Trump’s Latest Non-Scandal About the Russia Investigation
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super review: A decent 1080p card that's utterly superfluous
- Trump Calls the Saudis As Innocent As Brett Kavanaugh
- Trump's Afghanistan Strategy Ensures US Doomed to Keep Losing Unwinnable War
- Russia's top diplomat Sergei Lavrov arrives at the White House to meet with Donald Trump after Putin sits down with Ukraine's president and Pompeo vows to 'take action' against further election interference
- President Trump's Jerusalem Move Will Fuel ISIS and Jewish Settlers, Top Arab-Israeli Lawmaker Says
- Donald Trump, Jeremy Corbyn, and a Not-So-Special Relationship
- Democrats lay out impeachment case against Trump
- Trump’s Closing Argument: The Brown People Are Coming!
- Muslim Leaders Unite Against Trump, Say East Jerusalem Should Be Palestinian Capital
AP FACT CHECK: Trump's super-talkative, fact-busting week have 329 words, post on www.startribune.com at January 5, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.