WASHINGTON >> President Donald Trump is prepared to shut down the government again or declare a national emergency if Congress won’t work with him to secure the U.S.-Mexico border, the White House said today. WASHINGTON >> President Donald Trump is prepared to shut down the government again or declare a national emergency if Congress won’t work with him to secure the U.S.-Mexico border, the White House said today. The president’s standoff with Democrats on Capitol Hill is far from over and the clock is ticking — the spending bill Trump signed on Friday funds the government agencies that had been shut down only until Feb. 15. White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney told CBS’ “Face the Nation” that Trump’s goal is was to work with Congress. “What he wants to do is fix this the way that things are supposed to get fixed with our government which is through legislation,” Mulvaney said. Mulvaney said the president didn’t want another shutdown, but he would do it if necessary. “Keep in mind he’s willing to do whatever it takes to secure the border,” he said. The record 35-day federal shutdown ended when Trump gave in to mounting pressure, retreating from his… Read full this story
- 8 in 10 black voters say Trump is racist, new poll shows
- Donald Trump inspects US-Mexico border wall, warning of 'colossal' surge of illegal immigrants
- Gary Cohn says Trump's tariffs 'hurt the US'
- Bannon says Trump should delay State of the Union until after impeachment trial
- Lev Parnas says Trump 'knew exactly what was going on' with Ukraine pressure campaign
- Obama White House Counsel Says 'Trump Has Made Full Use of Demagogue Playbook, Lies Repeatedly About the Facts'
- Trump-Backed Government Shutdown Devastated Morale, Caused Lasting Damage to Federal Workforce: Report
- Lev Parnas says Trump tried to fire Yovanovitch "at least four or five" times
- Judge says Trump can separate families at border, refuses to second-guess government
- Graham says Trump hopes to have impeachment over by State of the Union address
Aide says Trump OK with second shutdown over border spat have 345 words, post on www.staradvertiser.com at January 27, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.