(AP) — In a long-awaited report, state investigators said Thursday that a 2017 wildfire that killed 22 people in Northern California wine country was caused by a private electrical system, not equipment of embattled Pacific Gas & Electric Co. The state’s firefighting agency concluded that the fire started next to a residence. The agency did not find any violations of state law. “During my investigation, I eliminated all other causes for the Tubbs Fire, with the exception of an electrical caused fire originating from an unknown event affecting privately owned conductor or equipment,” wrote CalFire Battalion Chief John Martinez. Details about the property were blacked out in the report. The fire was one of more than 170 that torched the state in October 2017. It destroyed more than 5,600 structures over more than 57 square miles (148 sq. kilometers) in Sonoma and Napa counties.The cause came as a relief to PG&E, which plans to file for bankruptcy protection next week, citing billions of dollars in potential damages and lawsuits it faces from other deadly wildfires for which it has been determined to be at fault. One witness reported seeing a transformer explode. Another reported seeing the fire approach a PG&… Read full this story
- Seoul Mayor found dead amid impropriety allegation
- Florida, California, Texas See Record Daily COVID-19 Deaths Amid Push to Reopen US States
- These California doctors flew to New York to fight Covid-19. Here's what they learned.
- Routes: JetBlue’s California shakeup + Alaska/AA, United, Copa, Air Tahiti Nui, Qantas
- UK’s National Crime Agency and European Police Smash Encrypted Network Used by Organised Crime
- [UPDATED] 2 dead, 8 rescued as three-storey building collapses in Lagos
- 'Glee' star Naya Rivera believed to be dead at US lake as search teams find no trace of the actress
- [UPDATED] One dead, six rescued as three-storey building collapses in Lagos
- Vikas Dubey killed in self-defence as he attempted to flee: UP STF on how gangster was shot dead
- Fear the Walking Dead Episode 2 Trailer Throws L.A. Into Chaos
Agency: Deadly California fire caused by homeowner equipment have 339 words, post on thebusinessjournal.com at January 24, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.