Although Mick Mulvaney is technically only an “acting” chief of staff, he’s still quickly reshaping the West Wing in his own image. Since taking on the job’s duties in late December, Mulvaney has tapped roughly half a dozen former aides to accompany him to the White House, with several more potentially on the way. And while it’s not surprising for any new chief of staff to install people he knows and trusts in top jobs, administration officials say, Mulvaney’s latest moves illustrate the extent to which he is settling into his new job despite its temporary-seeming title.Story Continued Below “By keeping the ‘acting’ title, he gives himself an out in case things go south,” said a Republican close to the White House. “He can say he was only the acting chief, if his relationship with the president sours in six months. Then, he won’t be fired.” Essentially, Mulvaney has become an “acting” chief of staff in name only. Mulvaney recently hired Rob Blair, an associate director of national security programs at the Office of Management and Budget, as the White House’s new counselor to the chief, according to one administration official and the Republican close to the White House. Blair… Read full this story
- Former and current White House officials unhappy with Mick Mulvaney
- Mulvaney: Trump's quid pro quo for Ukraine military aid unrelated to Biden
- MIck Mulvaney, White House chief of staff, ties Ukraine money to 2016 probe
- White House held up Ukraine aid because Trump wanted probe into DNC hacking: Mulvaney
- Mick Mulvaney: ‘We Held Up the Money’ for Ukraine Investigation into DNC Server
- Approaching Zero: How West Africa is Crushing the Ebola Epidemic
- Need for Joint Services Act taken up at Army Commanders' meet
- The West New York School District - Giving Importance to Educational Technology
- Angel Wings Tattoos - What Does This Tattoo Design Represent?
- Zola and West Ham United - Were They Really Made For Each Other?
‘Acting’ in name only: Mulvaney staffs up West Wing have 332 words, post on www.politico.com at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.