By Matt Levin Calmatters | PUBLISHED: January 14, 2019 at 10:30 am | UPDATED: January 14, 2019 at 10:31 am No wonder Gov. Gavin Newsom dropped those hints last week about an upcoming “Marshall Plan” for affordable housing. Sure, he’d made ambitious campaign promises to combat California’s housing crisis: leading the effort to build 3.5 million units over the next seven years (an unprecedented rate), jacking up state subsidies for housing reserved for lower-income Californians, and easing regulations so it would be easier to build all types of new housing. But what would he deliver? We got the first glimpses of his plans , as Newsom unveiled his first governor’s budget. And yeah, it’s a big deal. But remember that these are just proposals. The Legislature may tweak, change, expand or kill many of these. Still, they give you a good idea of Newsom’s priorities to combat what he has called “the issue when it comes to California poverty.” Here are the key takeaways from Newsom’s first major housing proposals. Housing is a priority Housing advocates frequently criticized former Gov. Jerry Brown for placing the issue on the back burner while focusing on the state’s fiscal health and other priorities like climate… Read full this story
- White House Budget Deal Funds Just Enough Of Trump's Stupid Wall For Him To Brag About It
- Follow the Five Year Rule to Make Sure You Don’t Lose Money on Your House
- Ask Dr. NerdLove: I’m Making Lots Of Money But Still Can’t Get A Date
- This Week In Business: Big Companies Missing Out On Big Money
- Uber's Big-Money Reckoning Is Here
- In Opening Statement, Bill Cosby's Lawyer Says Andrea Constand Wanted 'Money, Money, and Lots More Money'
- How to Save the Most Money on Your Grocery Budget with a Price Book
- Trump's Nominee for White House Budget Director Didn't Pay Taxes for Employee for Years
- Ellison: Where's the big money in SaaS?
- Strange House Noises Explained (and How to Fix Them)
A lot of big-money promises: Newsom’s housing budget explained have 333 words, post on www.dailybreeze.com at January 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.