Just be careful about issuing an ultimatum: Your employer may take you up on it. Aimee Tariq Published 9:00 am PST, Thursday, January 24, 2019 Photo: Pixelfit | Getty Images Photo: Pixelfit | Getty Images Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: Pixelfit | Getty Images 5 Psychological Hacks Smart Negotiators Use to Boost Their Chances for a Pay Raise 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Having passion for your career is essential to surviving any 9-to-5 gig. But at the end of the day, your job needs to help you make a decent living. If you aren’t getting paid enough to live your desired lifestyle, it’s usually time to ask for a pay raise or seek a new job. Related: 5 Rules of Salary Negotiation Of course, going in to your boss and demanding a pay raise or attempting to negotiate a higher salary with a potential employer can be an intimidating prospect. You might find it hard to imagine these conversations going in a favorable direction. However, just as there are psychological hacks for improving your business conversation skills, there are techniques with which you can increase your likelihood of a successful salary negotiation. Here are… Read full this story
- Japanese firms offer smaller pay raises as economy wobbles
- Beauty Hack: How to use your concealer to get the perfect red lip
- Smart Locks Used by Airbnb Get Bricked by Software Update
- Don’t use buy now, pay later services if you want a home loan, mortgage brokers warn
- 7 Stress Hacks You Can Use in the Next 5 Minutes
- TV host Katy Tur unleashes on Donald Trump over military pay rise claim
- What are smart plugs?
- Oh Shit, Will.i.am Could Soon Be in Charge of Your Smart Home
- Seven ordered to pay compensation to House Rules contestant for ‘psychological’ injury
- What is Google Pay? Here’s what you need to know
5 Psychological Hacks Smart Negotiators Use to Boost Their Chances for a Pay Raise have 310 words, post on www.sfgate.com at January 24, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.