Myelle Lansat, provided by Published 11:36 am PST, Tuesday, January 29, 2019 Sean Gallup/Getty Images Whether you’re overpaying for cellular data each month or choosing a large cable plan over streaming services, there are several ways you can cut costs and pay for only what you use and need. We spoke with several financial planners about common, expensive things that most people can do without. Showing off lavish items is an undeniable aspect of American culture, but when it comes to making sound investments in expensive items, there are some purchases financial planners say you should exclude from your budget. Several expensive items are becoming obsolete based on the age of their likely consumers. Millennials, for instance, are opting for streaming services instead of cable packages with hundreds of channels that will never be watched. Other things like unlimited-data plans are also not worth the money, according to one expert we spoke to. Before making an expensive purchase, ask yourself whether you can find a cheaper product that will bring as much joy, Jeremy Straub, the CEO of Coastal Wealth, told Business Insider. He said that while asking for joy from a product may be cheesy, it could help you think… Read full this story
- 12 things that sound tempting but ultimately aren’t worth it
- Sneaky hack that gets you a free nappy bin worth £20
- What happens if your mortgage ends up worth more than your house
- 9 things that just aren’t worth the effort
- How to earn money every time you shop with cashback websites
- Simple, transparent & really expensive
- Who is John Bercow, what are the bullying and sexism claims and how long has he been Speaker of the House of Commons?
- Northern Irish MP Ian Paisley given 10-day Commons suspension over sleaze findings
- 12 airport scams that are all too easy to fall for
- How to make money from YouTube
12 common, expensive things that aren't worth your money have 318 words, post on www.sfgate.com at January 29, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.