Holiday shopping season has a pesky habit of eating up your extra cash.Some 51% of all Americans say they “typically overspend” on holiday gifts, according to a 2018 NerdWallet survey, conducted by The Harris Poll.Here are five reasons you might be overspending during the holidays — and how to fix them. 1. You’re shopping in the store The first mistake? Setting foot in the store.“Once you cross that threshold into the store, you’re really on the marketer’s turf there,” says Kelly Goldsmith, an associate professor of marketing at Vanderbilt University.“You come in wanting to just get a sweater for your mom, and you know exactly what she wants, but they’re going to bombard you with messaging about toys for your kids, or shouldn’t you be in touch with your brother?”Those persuasive messages can tempt you to buy more than you originally intended.Tip: If you go to the store, be laser-focused, Goldsmith says. Otherwise, shop online. You’ll avoid the in-store messaging and marketing. Plus, you can compare prices at multiple retailers with the click of a mouse. 2. You don’t know when to stop Once you start shopping, it’s tough to know when enough is enough. Sure, you already bought your mom a blush pink sweater, but that… Read full this story
- Green Man Gaming Holiday Sale Is Live and It Has Some Great Deals
- Facebook found a way to stop kids overspending in games, then deliberately didn’t use it
- Xbox One Interview: "You've Never Seen a Holiday Lineup Like This Before"
- The Predator is getting its own holiday special
- Become a Killer Santa With Hitman's Free Holiday Update, Out Now
- EA Expecting "Great Fight" Between Xbox One and PS4 This Holiday
- 6 Tips For Purchasing A PC This Holiday Season
- Screenshot Saturday Holidays Edition Featuring Kynseed, Ultra Hell, Many More
- Help, I can't stop playing Crusader Kings 2 on holiday
- Sims 4 patch stops your sims getting it on when people are watching
Why you may overspend on the holidays and how to stop have 335 words, post on www.abcactionnews.com at December 8, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.