In month of November alone, 37 people died and a further 1,437 were injured in traffic accidents, making it the deadliest November on the roads since 2003. Altogether in the first 11 months of 2018, a total of 287 died in road accidents, figures from the Swedish Transport Agency (Transportstyrelsen) show. That’s a significant increase from the whole of the previous year, when 224 people died. In 1997, Sweden introduced a road safety policy named Vision Zero with the long-term aim of cutting fatal accidents to zero by 2020. The target was that by 2007, there would be no more than 270 road traffic deaths, but this target wasn’t reached, with almost 500 people dying that year. However, there has been an overall drop in road traffic deaths over the past decade, with the figure for 2013 and 2015 the lowest since the Second World War. Part of the reason for the recent rise is that once you reach a certain point, it becomes harder and more costly to make further significant changes – and there is an element of chance. A third of road deaths are estimated to occur because of a driver falling ill, which cannot always be… Read full this story
- Activities planned for World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims
- Activities for World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims
- Road Traffic Accident - What is the Maximum Amount of Compensation I Can Claim If I Have Lost a Limb
- Get a Solicitor If You Are Going For a Road Traffic Accident Claim
- Following a Fatal Road Traffic Accident - What is the Maximum Amount of Compensation I Can Claim?
- Simple and Effective Means in Making a Claim For a Road Traffic Accident
- Faster Compensation Claims For Road Traffic Accident Victims
- Get the Help of Road Traffic Accident Claim Solicitors
- Traffic Generation - How to Generate Web Traffic and Increase Sales
- Creative Insurance Marketing Websites - Permanent 100% Guaranteed Traffic Ranking Increases
Why did road traffic deaths increase in Sweden this year? have 317 words, post on www.thelocal.se at December 20, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.