Dec 05, 7:37 PM EST Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury National By Rachael Ellenbogen @TheRachaelE 12/05/18 AT 3:33 PM During Wednesday’s state funeral for former President George H.W. Bush, who died on Nov. 30, there was quite the awkward interaction between Michelle Obama and President Trump.The Obamas and the Clintons were already sitting in the front pew at the Washington National Cathedral when the Trumps arrived. Once the President and first lady Melania Trump made their way over to sit where the others were already seated, they stopped to shake a few hands; not all of them, just some.While standing up, Melania shook hands with the partially-smiling former President Barack Obama, Michelle and 42nd President Bill Clinton. She gave a wave of sorts to Hillary Clinton, who responded with a nod of the head, before sitting down.President Trump sat down first before turning to shake the 44th U.S. president’s hand, with Michelle looking on, waiting to see if he would make the effort to shake hers, as well. After a beat, she leaned forward slightly and decided to make the first move and extended her hand to him. The President took it and gave a firm shake, before the two… Read full this story
- Space Force Action Figures Kickstarter Includes Donald Trump, Barack Obama, and Ghost of Ronald Reagan
- Michelle Obama Appears to Reference President Donald Trump's Racist Comments: 'It's Our America'
- Michelle Obama Cancels Book Tour Dates to Attend Bush's Funeral After Posting Touching Tribute
- Donald Trump reverses course, supports India’s position on hydroxychloroquine
- Donald Trump ultra-loyalist Kayleigh McEnany to be White House press secretary in shakeup after Stephanie Grisham is forced out by new chief of staff and will return to Melania Trump's office as her top aide
- Michelle Obama Struggled to 'Keep Up with the Pace' & Sometimes Didn't Feel 'Good Enough' While First Lady
- Michelle Obama Will 'Absolutely Not' Run for Office, Issues Support for #MeToo: 'Enough Is Enough'
- Michelle Obama goes all in for full-scale absentee balloting nationwide and challenges Donald trump's claim it favors Democrats saying there is 'nothing partisan' about keeping voters safe
- History's lessons for Donald Trump
- Joe Biden's strengths as a candidate spell trouble for Donald Trump in the US presidential election
Watch: Donald Trump And Michelle Obama’s Awkward Handshake At Bush Funeral have 376 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at December 4, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.