The U.S. Space Command was put back in business Tuesday, when President Donald Trump ordered the Pentagon to reestablish the four-star command, which likely again will call Colorado Springs home.The U.S. Space Command was headquartered at Peterson Air Force Base for two decades until it was folded to establish the U.S. Northern Command after the 9/11 attacks.The command is a step toward establishing the Space Force that Trump has touted, but it remains unclear whether that separate service will pass congressional muster.Insiders say the new command likely represents an incremental shift, essentially granting more authority to Peterson’s Air Force Space Command and its boss, Gen. Jay Raymond, now the military’s top space leader. Military Air Force hopes video gamers, YouTubers can protect American satellites Tom Roeder Trump’s order will give the new command “the space‑related responsibilities previously assigned to the Commander, United States Strategic Command.” Those duties already fall on Raymond, who last year was put in charge of all military space activities.The difference between the Air Force Space Command and the new command with a slightly different name comes down to money and authority.The nation’s combatant commands, which now will include the Space Command, report directly to the secretary… Read full this story
- Colorado Springs cop slams 18-year-old girl to ground, knocking out front teeth
- Victim in Colorado Springs shooting spree was Army veteran who survived 3 tours in Iraq
- Chrissy Teigen, John Legend donate to Planned Parenthood in wake of Colorado Springs clinic shootings
- Frontier Airlines adding 7 nonstop cities from Colorado Springs
- Four people dead, including the suspect, in Colorado Springs shooting
- Garrett Swasey, cop killed in Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting and dad of two, was once an Olympic ice dancing hopeful
- Colorado Springs mayoral candidate arrested for pointing assault rifle at man during fight
- Planned Parenthood shooter asked for directions to Colorado Springs clinic before attack: report
- Ingraham: Trump Success Would Be Like 'Armageddon' for Liberals, 'Never Trumpers'
- Trump revives false claim that illegal ballots cost him popular vote
Trump revives U.S. Space Command, likely again based in Colorado Springs have 347 words, post on gazette.com at December 18, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.