Breaking News Emails Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings. SUBSCRIBE Dec. 21, 2018 / 8:32 PM GMT By Claire Atkinson Aryeh Bourkoff is a banker at the nexus of dealmaking in the media, tech and telecoms businesses on a global scale, and he’s got a message for companies headed into 2019: Get ready to deliver those streaming subscribers, because investors are going to be a whole lot less forgiving if you don’t. Bourkoff, founder and CEO of investment bank LionTree, said in an interview with NBC News that rising interest rates will affect the volume of dealmaking, and investors won’t be quite so tolerant of financial splurges by barely profitable companies. This year, LionTree advised SurveyMonkey on its proposed IPO, worked with John Malone’s Liberty Global on the sale of cable systems to Vodafone, and made some digital investments of its own including digital sports destination The Athletic and Cal Ripken’s youth sports outfit Ripken Baseball. Claire Atkinson, NBC News senior media editor, interviewed Bourkoff. The following is a condensed transcript of that interview. Q: What are the big questions that media owners are going to be asking themselves in… Read full this story
- 2019 NBA Draft big boards include Darius Bazley, UC's Cumberland, UK
- Opendoor looks to become big player in Twin Cities housing market
- Big Bird Actor Caroll Spinney Leaving 'Sesame Street' After Nearly 50 Years
- How much the highest-paid stars on TV are making, from 'Big Bang Theory' to 'Game of Thrones'
- Will Daredevil be the last Marvel hero standing at Netflix?
- ‘Elite’ Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- ‘Terrorism Close Calls’ Docuseries Gets October Premiere on Netflix
- Netflix, Facebook Can’t Escape Wall Street’s Worst Day in Months
- OU basketball: Sooners to feature most veteran bunch in Big 12
- Who could be Oklahoma's defensive coordinator in 2019?
Top media banker on why 2019 could be tough on Netflix and other big players have 313 words, post on www.nbcnews.com at December 21, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.