Among the victims of 2018’s biggest data security attacks were government-run databases, hotels and social media sites. Pixabay Cambridge Analytica was the scandal that started it all. But the global data privacy crisis has taken on a life of its own, churning out an increasing number of victims every year, with each case more severe and far-reaching than the last. We present to you this year’s seven worst data scandals, listed in order of the number of users affected: Honorary mention: Singhealth – 1.5 million citizens + 1 Prime Minister The Straits Times Compared to the rest of this list, 1.5 million users seems a trivial number – but hackers who broke into the systems of Singapore’s largest healthcare institution in July managed to make away with the patient records and medical prescriptions of the country’s Prime Minister, Lee Hsien Loong – whose data authorities found was “specifically and repeatedly targeted”. Other information that was illegally accessed and copied included citizens’ names, identity numbers, addresses, gender, race and dates of birth. #7. Facebook – 50 million users Pixabay Facebook admitted in April this year that “most” of its 2 billion users could have had their personal data scraped by “malicious actors”, thanks to… Read full this story
- If Trump believes Hillary's emails were the 'biggest political scandal since Watergate,' what now?
- Cambridge Analytica Shuts Down After Facebook Data Scandal
- Eurosceptic alliance, Brexit, Germany data scandal
- Congress warns of 'privacy nightmare,' as Facebook's Zuckerberg apologizes for data scandal
- Dean Says Villanova Bounced Back After Admissions Data Scandal; Incoming 2011 Class Set LSAT Record
- Zuckerberg to Face EU Questions Over User Data Scandal
- Cost of Biggest Data Breach: $256 Million
- Facebook data ‘scraping’ is no surprise, cyber security expert says
- Fact check: Is California really ranked 41st in education spending nationwide?
- GOP Spending Against Obamacare Plummets In 2018 Elections
These are 2018’s seven biggest data scandals, ranked according to how disastrous they were have 303 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at December 11, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.