Welcome back to The Billionaire’s Inbox, where we hear from the other half, in its own words. Today we’re looking at the Ricketts family’s political attitudes and influences. You can read the previous installments of the series, and some of Joe Ricketts’ thoughts on unions, here: Family patriarch Joe Ricketts, who has described himself at various times as a libertarian and a conservative, launched Ending Spending, his first Super PAC, in 2010 to challenge both Republican and Democratic incumbents. Joe’s 49-year-old son Todd Ricketts was at one time the PAC’s CEO and now serves as the finance chairman of the Republican National Committee. Another son, current Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts, has been tangentially involved when not otherwise distracted by his own state-level aspirations. During the 2012 elections, Ending Spending was the subject of scandal when a 54-page proposal titled, “The Defeat of Barack Hussein Obama: the Ricketts Plan to End His spending for Good,” leaked to the New York Times: The plan, which sought to link Obama to comments made by his former spiritual advisor, Reverend Jeremiah A. Wright, was considered at the time “one of the most provocative campaigns of the ‘super PAC’ era,” and referred to Obama as… Read full this story
- Here Are The Racist Conspiracy Emails Rotting Right-Wing Billionaire Joe Ricketts' Brain
- How the education gap is tearing politics apart
- The Billionaire's Inbox: Furthering the Ricketts Dynasty
- GOP Governor Pete Ricketts Allegedly Has White Nationalist on Payroll
- GOP Governor Pete Ricketts Allegedly Had White Nationalist on Payroll
- Cubs Co-Owner Tom Ricketts Apologizes For All The Racist Emails In His Dad's Inbox
- Tom Ricketts Blames His Dad's Islamaphobic Emails On "The News Of The Day"
- How Political Power Works and Maintains
- The changing Democratic electorate could upend Iowa's role in 2020
- Analysis: The changing Democratic electorate could upend Iowa's role in 2020
The Billionaire's Inbox: The Ricketts On Capitalism and Electoral Politics have 299 words, post on splinternews.com at December 17, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.