In the past few years, music videos have experienced something of a renaissance. From Beyoncé’s game-changing mini movie “Lemonade” to Kendrick Lamar’s iconographic “Humble,” musicians have recently re-embraced visual art as an important storytelling medium; in fact, Billboard called 2018 “the new golden age for music videos.” Keep reading to see our 35 favourite music videos from this year, ranked in ascending order. 35. “Colours” by Beck The striking visuals and choreography for “Colours” recall works by Keith Haring and Busby Berkeley. Beck’s charming awkwardness is offset in this video by bubbly, expressive actress Alison Brie (“Glow”). “Alison really rehearsed for probably 10 hours total, and just kind of came in and aced it, totally aced it,” director Edgar Wright told Entertainment Weekly. “It was like a dream. I’ve always flirted with doing musical set-pieces and this one was a proper full-on dance number with 20 dancers.” Watch “Colours” here. 34. “Come Through and Chill (ft. J. Cole and Salaam Remi)” by Miguel “Come Through and Chill” appears to document Miguel’s promiscuous habits, especially on the road; each outfit change introduces another scene-stealing leading lady. The sultry visuals and deep colours perfectly match the slow, moody vibe of the song… Read full this story
- Spike Jonze’s 13 Best Music Videos: Beastie Boys, Kanye West, Fatboy Slim, and More
- Solange Knowles Dropped Two New Music Videos From
- Davido releases 'Dolce & Gabbana' music video and donates proceeds to coronavirus research after fiancée tests positive
- Avril Lavigne honoring frontline workers with new music video 'We Are Warriors'
- Charli XCX Parties in Front of a Greenscreen in ‘Claws’ Music Video
- Christina Grimmie music videos to be released
- Lil Yachty gets in drag as Oprah Winfrey to interview Drake and DaBaby in new music video
- Taylor Swift promotes her 22 music video with fresh-faced and doe-eyed selfie
- Rihanna premieres new music video 'Stay'
- Taylor Swift wears minimal make-up as she makes a cheeky reference to her 22 music video with doe-eyed quarantine selfie
RANKED: The 35 best music videos of 2018 have 329 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at December 21, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.