The content of the tweet @RealDonaldTrump posted on the night of Feb. 5, 2013, was bland: a simple thank you to the actress Sherri Shepherd for flattering comments she’d made about Trump on television. But its implications were historic.Story Continued Below When Trump’s young social media manager saw the tweet, he was perplexed. He typically typed and sent Trump’s tweets for the boss, but in this case he hadn’t. He did recall that Trump had been spending a lot of time in his office lately playing around with a new Android smartphone. The next morning, the handful of staffers with access to the boss’s account told the social media manager, Justin McConney, that they had not sent it either. That’s when it dawned on him: Donald Trump had tweeted on his own for the first time. “The moment I found out Trump could tweet himself was comparable to the moment in ‘Jurassic Park’ when Dr. Grant realized that velociraptors could open doors,” recalled McConney, who was the Trump Organization’s director of social media from 2011 to 2017. “I was like, ‘Oh no.””At the time, no one — not even McConney himself — could grasp what was to come. Now, in… Read full this story
- Trump Is About to Ban Transgender Troops. SPART*A Is Ready to Help Them.
- Editorial: Beverly Davenport learns mistweets can turn ugly shade of orange
- John Humphrys: 'I'm hugely argumentative by instinct'
- Why Your Team Sucks 2018: Pittsburgh Steelers
- Why Is The
- The Root's Clapback Mailbag: Killing Me Softly
- Snapchat Series Star Vivian Benitez Doesn't Take Herself Too Seriously, Thank God
- The Root's Clapback Mailbag: 'Tis the Season To Be Racist
- The Jezebel Thirsty 30
- The Short List: Obama scores on Iran deal; meet Homo naledi; NYPD claims case of mistaken identity
'Oh, no': The day Trump learned to tweet have 302 words, post on www.politico.com at December 20, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.