Visit The Boston Globe Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Comment on this Scroll to top of page By Allison Hagan Globe Correspondent December 17, 2018 An alumnus is giving $50 million to Northeastern University to boost the school’s rapidly expanding technology college, which will soon bear his name.The university said Monday that it will name the Khoury College of Computer and Information Sciences after trustee Amin J. Khoury following the contribution, which will be endowed to support research and education at the college for years to come.The college is the university’s fastest growing program, expanding from to 726 students in the fall of 2009 to 3,474 in 2018. Advertisement “This is exciting for the community,” Northeastern president Joseph E. Aoun said in an interview. “The purpose of this gift is to invest in the vision Amin (Khoury) has to help human beings thrive in the artificial intelligence age.” Get Talking Points in your inbox: An afternoon recap of the day’s most important business news, delivered weekdays. Thank you for signing up! Sign up for more newsletters here The additional funding fits well with the university’s Northeastern 2025 plan for higher education in the age of artificial intelligence, Aoun said…. Read full this story
- Palm receives $50 million windfall
- Planned Parenthood receives $9 million gift to open new clinics in West Texas
- Google Lens races to 50 million installs in just 16 months
- Android Auto reaches 50 million downloads on the Play Store
- Microsoft commits $50 million more to its AI for Earth program
- The Price for ‘Predatory’ Publishing? $50 Million
- iTunes Marks 50 Million Songs Downloaded
- Breed Reply Portfolio of IoT Start-Ups Raise in Excess of $50 Million in Series A Funding in 2017
- The Scottish Government has pledged a package of measures including £50 million extra funding in a bid to reduce waiting times.
- EarthLink invests $50 million in Covad
Northeastern receives $50 million gift to further AI studies have 303 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at December 16, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.