Kindly Share This Story:• Diaspora makes case for improved remittance By Elizabeth Uwandu It is no longer news that Nigeria’s diaspora, estimated at about 15 million worldwide, plays crucial role in driving growth and progress in the country. However, despite this figure only few make remittances and or have investments in the country. Worried by this trend, the UK Department for International Development’s Policy Development Facility Phase II, PDF ll commissioned Dalberg Advisors to develop a report in 2017 themed, “Nigeria Diaspora Studies: Opportunities for increasing the development impact of Nigeria’s diaspora on behalf of the Office of the Vice President, OVP, Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission, NIPC, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, MFA.” It was, therefore, a gathering of Nigerians in diaspora and some key stakeholders of various industries; a panel discussion on “Optimising Nigeria Diaspora remittances for development”, that had panelists such as Mr Bayo Adeyemi, Marketing Head City Bank. Representing Chairman of City Bank; Mr Onyekachi Wambo -Executive Director, ED Afford UK. African Foundation for development; Obinali Egele – Founder, Diasfunds; Mr Oladipo Joseph – Economic Advisory Council Member from the Vice Presidents office ; Mr Adrian’s Emmanuel – Director NIPC and Mrs. O M Abdulrazaq –… Read full this story
- People are winning — and losing — big at this hot NC arcade trend. But is it legal?
- Trump let a big chance to win slip through his little fingers
- 'Big Brother' Spoilers: The New HoH Nominated Their Own Alliance Member For Eviction
- ‘Insecure’ Season 3 Premiere: The Bad Decision Index
- ‘Insecure’ Is Back. Here’s What to Remember for Season 3.
- Big Ten Network enlists conference coaches in video calling out Comcast
- WWE Summer Slam Brock Lesnar to lose
- Who Will Go Home Tonight On 'Big Brother?' [Spoiler] Doesn't Seem To Have The Votes To Stay
- 'Big Brother' Spoilers 2018: Bayleigh's Power App Has Affected The Veto Ceremony This Week
- Nigeria vaccinates 25 million children from polio in areas freed from Boko Haram
Nigeria loses big to insecurity, lack of information have 315 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at December 3, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.