Angelique S. Chengelis The Detroit News Published 4:08 PM EST Dec 19, 2018 Recruiting can provide drama and, sometimes, fireworks, as Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh promised this week on his podcast. Daxton Hill’s recruitment provided both and elevated the Wolverines class, which currently has 24 signees, to a No. 7 ranking nationally by 247Sports Composite. The class has been considered the top in the Big Ten. The announcement early Wednesday morning of his signing with Michigan completed the flip-flip drama that recently unfolded when Hill, the nation’s top-ranked safety, de-committed from Michigan to commit to Alabama, and then flipped back to Michigan. As if often the case, when there are recruiting highs, there are recruiting disappointments. Although the various recruiting “crystal balls” had swung from predicting five-star defensive lineman Zach Harrison would attend Michigan to Ohio State, things weren’t crystal clear until he made his announcement at Olentangy Orange in the Columbus area. Harrison did decide to sign with Ohio State. Hill is the highest-ranked player in Michigan’s recruiting class, which includes, on defense, five linemen, two linebackers, and six defensive backs. The Wolverines also signed a quarterback, Cade McNamara, running back Zach Charbonnet, six offensive linemen and four receivers…. Read full this story
- Former LSU Star Jeremy Hill Could Play Starring Role in Bengals at Saints
- Star receiver Hill cleared for practice with Arizona
- Oklahoma St star Tyreek Hill arrested
- Ohio St., Michigan classes show most star power in Big Ten
- Jimmy Fallon helps Hollywood star Jonah Hill prepare for Pocono grand marshal role
- Ex-Oklahoma State star Ty Hill enrolls at West Alabama
- Bosh, Wade deliver at All-Star level, but health holding back Heat
- Michigan State’s 3-stars vs. Alabama’s 5-stars in Cotton Bowl
- Michigan State’s 3-stars vs. Alabama’s 5-stars in playoff
- Can Tony Romo deliver without his star receiver?
Michigan delivers on 'fireworks' prediction with 5-star Daxton Hill have 306 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at December 19, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.