MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry will spend Christmas AWAY from Kate and William, according to reports, amid rumours of a tense feud.
And the tension could be traced to as far back as LAST Christmas and an alleged row then between the two couples.
The Mail on Sunday reports today that it now seems “likely” that William and Kate will spend Christmas many miles away from Harry and Meghan, the latter of whom will be with the Queen and Prince Philip in Norfolk.
Speculation has been growing that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge won’t be attending the traditional Royal festivities at Sandringham, choosing to join the Middleton clan at Bucklebury Manor in Berkshire instead.
It comes after recent reports that Harry and his pregnant wife Meghan are abandoning their central London base at Kensington Palace for Frogmore Cottage in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
Their move, along with disclosures to the media about a “dictatorial” Harry allegedly taking issue with his brother, courtiers and servants for failing to “roll out the red carpet” for Meghan, is apparently the latest in a string of issues causing the couple to be at loggerheads.
The Mail on Sunday says that as early as last Christmas, months head of the May nuptials, the American star said that not all members of the royal family had made her feel welcome.
Charles tried to make her feel more at home by organising an invitation to William and Kate’s country home near Sandringham, Anmer Hall, in an effort to make the couples bond.
However, his plans fell apart, with a source telling the Mail that there was a “ghastly row” between the Sussexes and Cambridges – one of the reasons why they don’t intend repeating the experience this Christmas.
A senior Royal aide told the publication that the atmosphere at the country home soured thereafter, particularly as Meghan was considered by those present to have been “downright rude”.
The source said: “Kate had a quiet word with Meghan.
“It escalated rapidly after Meghan complained to Harry that she had been ‘told off’.
“He took her side, while William defended Kate, who was five months pregnant with Louis and certainly didn’t want this sort of confrontation.”
Kensington Palace has started a “mole hunt” to find whoever is responsible for a number of unfavourable leaks about the frostiness between Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle.
A number of potentially damaging stories have recently appeared in the UK press that have focused on a growing hostility between the Duchess of Sussex, 37, and the Duchess of Cambridge, 36.
Kensington Palace is said to have launched the hunt for the source of the leaks, according to the Mail on Sunday.
Among the rumours, none of which have been confirmed, one includes Meghan causing Kate Middleton to cry after a bridesmaid fitting for her daughter Charlotte.
There has also been speculation The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are moving out of Kensington Palace to Frogmore Cottage in the grounds of Windsor Castle due to tensions between the two households.
INVITATION TO MURDER
Hunt for mystery pair who ‘encouraged ‘ US missionary to visit tribe
Week of snow, rain and ‘severe gales’ on the way after mild weekend
‘IT BECAME TOO MUCH’
Meghan Markle’s PA quit ‘after Duchess’s demands reduced her to tears’
Meghan and Harry launch ‘mole hunt’ to stop more gossip leaking from Palace
‘IT’S A SCANDAL’
Outrage as trans activists secretly send ‘breast binders’ to kids
Christians face being WIPED OUT in the Middle East, warns Archbishop
Royal biographer Robert Jobson also claims the Queen had to speak to Harry about Meghan’s attitude after a disagreement about which tiara she would wear at their wedding in May this year.
Kensington Palace declined to comment when approached by The Sun Online.
- Royal baby name odds: What will Meghan Markle, Prince Harry name their son?
- Prince William, Kate Middleton share sweet message for Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's royal baby
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry share new wedding photo to celebrate engagement anniversary
- Fans think Meghan Markle and Harry just dropped huge hint that they're in Canada with Archie
- Royal Family Supports Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Spending Thanksgiving With Her Mother
- Meghan Markle and Harry receive first royal baby gift with birth imminent
- Royal wedding LIVE: Meghan Markle confirms father WON'T be giving her away as family feud rages on
- Elton John reveals HE paid for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to fly to his £15m mansion in the south of France by private jet and made a 'carbon neutral' donation on their behalf as he defends the couple's two holidays in 11 days
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Celebrate Thanksgiving With a Heartwarming Message
- Kim Kardashian Says She Empathizes With Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle interrupt their six-week break from royal duties to offer their support to a landmine charity and World Access to Higher Education Day
- Meghan Markle is 'aware' she's being 'pitted against' future queen Kate Middleton and finds the situation 'challenging', source tells People magazine
- Meghan Markle puts brave face on at first public appearance since documentary controversy as she attends charity event - without Prince Harry - just hours after source close to the couple told how they have 'single-handedly modernized the monarchy'
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry wish fans a Happy Thanksgiving as they celebrate for the first time as parents
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle share a stunning unseen wedding photo to celebrate two years since announcing their engagement - amid six-week break from royal duties
- Are the Sussexes in Canada? Meghan Markle and Prince Harry wish fans a 'very happy Thanksgiving' from their family with a maple leaf emoji - amid their six-week break from royal duties
- Prince Harry's baby news revealed during his royal break with Meghan Markle
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may 'snub UK and have second baby in US'
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'are weaning baby Archie onto eating solids' and he will be fed 'organic, seasonal produce', royal reporter claims
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry interrupt break from royal duties to send message with baby Archie
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘will spend Christmas AWAY from Kate and Wills’ amid rumours of tense feud between the couples have 1140 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 2, 2018. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.