Lockheed Martin Space will add hundreds of jobs at its headquarters in Jefferson County as it relocates portions of its production for the Navy’s Fleet Ballistic Missile program. The company will hire locally for a number of positions in electrical and mechanical engineering, systems, project management and business operations. The relocation of the operations to Colorado and Florida will take about eight years, the company said. “Lockheed Martin is a long-standing leader in Colorado’s aerospace industry. We are thrilled to welcome its Fleet Ballistic Missile program to our state, and in particular to Jefferson County,” Gov. John Hickenlooper said in a statement Friday. “The addition of hundreds of highly skilled, high paying jobs in support of this vital national security program offers Coloradans quality employment opportunities and advances Colorado’s reputation as Aerospace Alley.” Lockheed Martin and Jefferson County Economic Development Corp. officials said up to 550 jobs could be added. The missile program is currently housed in Sunnyvale, Calif., and works on the Trident II D5, a submarine-launched missile developed for the Navy. The missiles are carried aboard the Navy’s Ohio-class submarines and aboard the United Kingdom’s Vanguard-class submarines. Eric Scherff, vice president of Navy strategic programs at Lockheed Martin, said the Fleet Ballistic Missile program is a critical… Read full this story
- Lockheed Martin Offers Exclusive F-21 Fighter Jets to India
- Lockheed Martin learns to use laser weapon in action
- Saudi advancing ballistic missile program 'with help of China'
- US blacklists suppliers of Iran missile programs
- Car giant Ford to announce 550 job losses in the UK
- Martin Selmayr’s new job: the EU’s man in Vienna
- Upgraded Patriot-3 Intercepts Cruise Missile at Record Distance
- N Korea says missile test was warning to South 'warmongers'
- Let the sun shine with one of these top seven jobs
- DPRK Fires Two Unidentified Missiles
Lockheed Martin Space could add up to 550 jobs in Colorado as part of its missile program have 309 words, post on www.denverpost.com at December 21, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.