Breaking News Emails Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings. SUBSCRIBE Dec. 18, 2018 / 4:32 PM GMT / Source: CNBC.com By Lauren Feiner, CNBC Charter Communications has agreed to a $174.2 million deal to settle fraud charges brought against it by New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood. The payout is the largest ever in the U.S. to be paid to consumers by an internet service provider, the A.G.’s office said Tuesday. Underwood alleged that Charter, using its brand names of Time Warner Cable and later Spectrum, failed to provide the speedy internet service it promised customers. As a result of the settlement, over 700,000 active subscribers in New York will be paid $75 to $150 each for a total of $62.5 million in direct refunds. Additionally, 2.2 million active internet subscribers will receive free streaming services and premium channels from Charter valued at $100 million, according to Underwood’s office. “This settlement should serve as a wakeup call to any company serving New York consumers: fulfill your promises, or pay the price,” Underwood said in a statement. “Not only is this the largest-ever consumer payout by an internet service provider, returning… Read full this story
- Ten Ways to Make Your Life As an Internet Provider Easier
- Protect Your Children by Setting Up Parental Controls - What High Speed Internet Providers Can't Do
- Safety on Instant Messenger Applications & Your High Speed Internet Provider
- Which Internet Providers Are Watching You Surf the Internet?
- Internet Business - How To Find Out Exactly What Your Customers Want
- Internet Marketing - Are You Really Targeting All Your Potential Customers?
- Internet Home Business That Really Works - 4 Common Issues Addressed
- Is Your Internet Provider Blocking Your Emails Port 25 - Here's How to Fix It
- Internet Marketing Tips - Pay Per Click Insider Secrets
- Satellite Internet - How Does It Work & Why Is It Right For Me?
Internet provider Charter to pay $174 million in fraud settlement, issue customer refunds have 319 words, post on www.nbcnews.com at December 18, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.