Motor Racing – Formula One – F1 Singapore Grand Prix 2018 – Singapore – September 16, 2018 Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton leads during the race,Source: REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji 5. FERNANDO ALONSO Fernando Alonso bid farewell to Formula One in Abu Dhabi after 17 years his 311 Grand Prix. (Photo: AFP/Andrej Isakovic) It was a great shame that the vast majority of Alonso’s final season in F1 was spent in the second half of the field, but that didn’t stop him from shining. It’s doubtful anyone would have amassed more points in the 2018 McLaren than the 50 he managed over 21 races, and that’s certainly true of teammate Stoffel Vandoorne, who was out-qualified by Alonso at every round. Vandoorne, a former GP2 champion, is no slouch, and beating a teammate in every qualifying session requires speed and consistency. It might not surprise you to learn that the last driver to achieve that feat before 2018 was Alonso against Nelson Piquet at Renault in 2008. And if that weren’t enough, his average qualifying advantage over Vandoorne was an impressive 0.380 seconds, underlining the gulf in performance between the two drivers over the course of the year. But it wasn’t just Alonso’s one-lap pace… Read full this story
- Formula E 2018 Paris ePrix: Five Things We Learnt
- Formula One 2018: The Big 3 Ranked
- 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
- Formula 2 Set For Clutch Fix After Issues Occurred in Opening Rounds
- 2018 Spanish Grand Prix: preview and timetable
- Alain Prost: "2018 can be Ferrari's year"
- Hand Injury For Delétraz After ‘Frustrating’ Baku Formula 2 Weekend
- Damon Hill comments on Sebastian Vettel's chances for the 2018 title
- Jean-Eric Vergne comments on Ferrari and the 2018 Formula 1 season
- Formula 1 to experiment more with new halo TV graphics
Formula One: Top 5 drivers of 2018 have 281 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at December 30, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.