Miami — Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase has been fired and executive vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum has been demoted after the team missed the playoffs for the 15th time in 17 years. General manager Chris Grier, who has been with the team in various capacities for 19 seasons, was given more authority and will oversee football operations while reporting directly to owner Stephen Ross. The team said it will immediately conduct a search for a new coach who will report to Grier. Ross made the moves Monday following a 7-9 season. Gase, 40, who attended Marshall High School and Michigan State, went 23-26 with the Dolphins, and a 42-17 loss Sunday at Buffalo sealed his fate. Tannenbaum, who held his job for four years and was involved with several disappointing drafts, was reassigned within the organization. After beating New England on the play of the season — a pass and double lateral for a touchdown as time ran out — the Dolphins were outscored 100-41 in their final three games by other also-ran teams, including Buffalo 42-17 on Sunday. The next coach will be the Dolphins’ 10th since 2004, including three interim coaches. Stuck on a treadmill of mediocrity, they’ve… Read full this story
- NFL teams went high-tech for team bonding this offseason
- Column: Some more appropriate names for Washington NFL team
- Roger Goodell Encourages an NFL Team to Sign Colin Kaepernick
- Washington’s NFL team to have ‘thorough review’ of name amid race debate
- Washington, D.C. NFL Team to Undergo "Thorough Review" of Offensive Name
- Washington Redskins NFL team review controversial name after decades of resistance
- Roger Goodell says he encourages NFL teams signing Colin Kaepernick, 'I welcome that'
- Rod Woodson believes NFL head coaches don’t want Hall of Fame players on their staffs
- Carli Lloyd Says She's 'Gotten Inquiries' from NFL Teams After 55 Yard FG
- D.L. Hughley Suggests D.C.'s NFL Team Players Refuse to Play Until Name Is Changed
Eight NFL teams without a coach; Dolphins fire MSU alum Adam Gase have 326 words, post on www.detroitnews.com at December 31, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.