Dave Birkett Detroit Free Press Published 7:46 PM EST Dec 16, 2018 Free Press writer Dave Birkett grades the Detroit Lions after their 14-13 loss to the Buffalo Bills on Sunday: Quarterback Matthew Stafford had another quiet day passing as the Lions once again struggled to move the ball with any consistency. He completed 22 of 29 passes for 208 yards, but missed a handful of throws. Stafford overthrew TJ Jones on a third-and-9 play early in the fourth quarter, and Kenny Golladay saved him from his 12th interception when a ripped a pass away from Tre’Davious White. Stafford took a shot to his leg on the game’s first series and was playing through a back injury, but Sunday wasn’t his day and this hasn’t been his year. Grade: C-minus Running backs The Lions topped 100 yards rushing for the fourth straight game, spreading the workload almost evenly between Theo Riddick, LeGarrette Blount and Zach Zenner. Riddick had his most impressive performance of the season. He looked elusive early, but finished with just eight carries for 47 yards. Blount was a non-factor with just 9 yards on seven carries, while Zenner (10 carries, 45 yards) ran hard in his first… Read full this story
- 2016 NFL Draft Midseason Grades For Every 1st Round Pick
- NFL 2016: Regular season grades for every team
- NFL Playoffs 2017: Each Team’s Regular Season MVP
- What Every NFL Team's Rookie Class Must Accomplish in 2018
- NFL Power Rankings, Week 1: Carson Wentz lights up the world
- 2015 NFL Draft: Re-Picking the First Round
- NFL Quarterback Power Rankings 2016: Is Matt Ryan Finally Elite?
- 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Jabrill Peppers to Jaguars
- The Decision and the Doink
- Raiders-Chiefs is biggest game left as playoffs loom
Detroit Lions grades: Mistakes earn special teams an 'F' have 281 words, post on eu.freep.com at December 15, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.