The D.C. Memo is a weekly recap of Washington political news, journalism, and opinion, delivered with an eye toward what matters for Minnesota. Sign up to get it in your inbox every Thursday. This week in Washington, Congress tried to negotiate a way out of a year-end shutdown over the border wall, which would be a Christmas miracle for most of D.C., but a lump of coal for President Trump, whose treasured border wall is in danger of going the way of Santa: alive, just only in our hearts. This week in Washington Good afternoon from Washington, which is clearly trying to close out 2018 in the most 2018 way possible: cramming as much news as possible into a short period of time. Let’s have at it. What does it take for President Donald Trump to fold on his last good chance to fund — now that we know Mexico’s not paying for it — the big border wall? We don’t yet know, but things are much different today than they were last week, when the conventional wisdom was that D.C. was hurtling toward a shutdown, with Trump demanding $5 billion for his wall as part of the year-end spending… Read full this story
- Ned Stark’s death was Game of Thrones’ first major plot twist
- The Red Wedding is still Game of Thrones’ biggest plot twist
- Outlander plot twist is the perfect way to honor Frank Randall
- Odessa completes perfect season, runs over Almira-Coulee-Hartline for 1B state title
- Double honour for Pablo Hernandez as midfielder named Leeds United player of the year for second season running
- After another plot twist, The Good Place season 3 is beginning to look lost
- Jon Snow’s true parentage was a Game of Thrones plot twist fans predicted
- 5 Famous WWE Plot Twists We Didn't See Coming
- Plot Twist: This 1968 Hemi Dart Is The Strangest Ever!
- Ozil captains Arsenal vs Burnley in latest plot twist with Emery
D.C. Memo: ‘Trump: Season 2’ running out of plot twists have 328 words, post on www.minnpost.com at December 21, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.