Organic farming on VN agenda Viet Nam has been making efforts to foster organic farming, including a decree issued last August which should be implemented as soon as possible, experts told a forum in HCM City on Tuesday. According to Le Thanh Hung of the Viet Nam Standards and Quality Institute, Viet Nam is relatively unfamiliar with the organic farming standards of the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements and its market for organic agricultural products is underdeveloped. The government issued Decree 109/2018/ND-CP on organic farming regulations, procedures such as certification, traceability and inspections and supporting policies. Besides, the national standards for organic agriculture are being adjusted for more clarity and specific standards for certain products such as rice, tea, shrimp, and milk. It is crucial national standards match international standards to help farmers and businesses make appropriate adjustments to their production to enable exports. The area under organic agriculture in Viet Nam was 118,000 hectares in 2016, according to the German-based Research Institute of Organic Agriculture. According to Ha Phuc Minh, chairman of the Viet Nam Organic Agriculture Association, cities and provinces need to execute the decree and actively develop organic farming. Meanwhile, farmers need to identify… Read full this story
- The Latest: S California wildfires have burned 150 homes
- After Mistrial in Freddie Gray Case, News Media Recycle Scenes of Earlier Baltimore Unrest
- Co-Host of Fox’s
- Crush On Williams-Sonoma Employee Costing Man A Fortune
- The raiders of the lost Sark
- Japan quake, tsunami, nuke news 13: When in doubt, throw a towel on it.
- Conservative Outlets, White House Pushed Hispanic-Teen Rape Allegations—Which Were Then Discredited
- Pulitzers Abound for Reporting on the Defenseless
- ‘FinTech’: A Way to Make Money From Mobile?
- What Is Local SEO & Why Local Search Is Important
BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 27/12 have 296 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at December 26, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.