By Jonathan Lansner | [email protected] | Orange County Register PUBLISHED: December 31, 2018 at 7:17 am | UPDATED: December 31, 2018 at 7:18 am “Bubble Watch” digs into trends that may indicate economic and/or housing market troubles ahead. Buzz As 2018 ends, let’s recap all those economic trends that forced us, at least momentarily, to ask “another bubble?” a decade after the Great Recession. Dissection Listed in order of increasing risk, here are 10 reasons to worry that one of the longest economic upswings in history may draw to a close with an ugly ending. 10. Modest wage growth Local bosses raised salaries in 2018 as the job market tightened. Still, those fatter paychecks are by no means universal, and the raises that were handed out were in large part not astronomical in an era of worker shortages. The meager pay hikes show a continued bout of penny-pinching by local bosses. This all but guarantees they’ll be quick to cut wages and workers the minute the business climate sours. 9. Tempered consumer confidence Shopper exuberance, measured by numerous benchmarks as well as retail-sales patterns, has risen since President Donald Trump was elected.Much of that confidence pop was due to conservative-leaning folks having… Read full this story
- Top Selling Used Cars in Southern California
- Swimming At Southern California Beaches - How To Avoid Twelve Hazards
- Car Auctions in Southern California
- Great Biking Trails in Southern California
- A Guide to 3 Southern California Beaches
- Buying a Car at a Southern California Auto Auction
- Southern California Beach Tips - Dogs, Bonfires
- Do You Need Child Custody Attorneys in Southern California?
- Child Custody Lawyers Southern California - What To Expect
- Southern California Beach Tips - Choose a "Groomed" Or a "Natural" Beach
Bubble Watch: 10 Southern California economic trends we worry about have 283 words, post on www.ocregister.com at December 31, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.