Belgium will end the year as No. 1 ahead of world champions France in the global rankings released by FIFA on Thursday (Dec 20). France beat Belgium in the World Cup semifinal but could not quite catch them in the FIFA rankings. (Photo: AFP/Adrian Dennis) Belgium, beaten by France in the World Cup semi-finals, edge Didier Deschamps’ team by one ranking point. Belgium have 1,727 points by FIFA’s calculations to 1,726 for France. Brazil are third on 1,676. FIFA noted on their web site that France, who were ranked No. 9 last Christmas, were the year’s “Best Mover” after a “stellar 2018…having gained more points (165) since December 2017 than any other nation.” The governing body of world football also noted that Europe and Asia have gained top-50 places at the expense of Africa. Europe has 31, an increase of two, Asia is up one to three and Africa is down three to five top-50 representatives. Kosovo were the biggest climbers, jumping 46 places to 131. FIFA rankings, Dec 20: 1. Belgium 2. France 3. Brazil 4. Croatia 5. England 6. Portugal 7. Uruguay 8. Switzerland 9. Spain 10. Denmark AFP
- Boxing news: Billy Joe Saunders vows to chase big fights after becoming two-weight world champion
- PCO is Ring of Honor's 52-Year-Old World Champion & Says He's Far From Retirement
- Tata Steel India team wins world champion title
- Wayne Warren beats Jim Williams to become oldest BDO world champion
- Tessa Worley, world champion Alpine skier, out several weeks
- Komalika becomes recurve cadet world champion; India wins 2 gold, 1 bronze
- 'The Nicest World Champion Ever'
- Magnus Carlsen beats Vishy Anand in 10 games to become world champion
- F1: World Champion Hamilton Takes Pole At Abu Dhabi GP
- FIFA Women’s World Cup: France in last 8 round with extra-time win over Brazil
Belgium end year ranked ahead of world champions France have 281 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at December 20, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.