provided by Published 3:00 pm CST, Wednesday, December 12, 2018 MoneyTips You’re determined to make 2019 the year you raise your credit score. Why not get off to a good start with these five New Year’s resolutions to send your credit score in the right direction? 1. Resolve to Check Your Credit Report – All your efforts will go to waste if identity thieves have already ruined your credit by opening accounts in your name and racking up unpaid bills. Check your credit report and look for any errors, rogue accounts, or fraudulent charges on your existing accounts. Address any problems as quickly as possible with the credit reporting agencies to limit the damage. Monitor your credit score regularly to gauge your progress and follow up with at least one more credit report check during the year. You can check your credit score and read your credit report for free within minutes by joining MoneyTips. 2. Resolve to Set A Budget and Stick to It – A reasonable budget is the key to prevent overspending that can harm your credit score. Lay out a long-term budget that covers all monthly expenses along with a few contingencies for unplanned bills (think car… Read full this story
- Grease star Olivia Newton-John celebrates her British ancestry with a New Year honour
- Security fears after government posts addresses of New Year Honours recipients online
- New Year honours data breach lasted three times longer than first admitted
- Solheim Cup captain Catriona Matthew among Scots on New Year's Honours List
- VnExpress Marathon Hue receives new year-end date
- Millions will pay more for credit cards and loans due to coronavirus damaged credit scores
- Calling all photographers for Chinese New Year photo competition
- NYPD tests new tool that detects credit card skimmers
- Oak Forest New Year Weather: Possible Rain
- Tim Farron dismisses PM's new year Brexit pledge as 'empty words'
5 New Year's Resolutions To Raise Your Credit Score have 309 words, post on www.mysanantonio.com at December 12, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.