Will Martin, provided by Published 2:31 am PST, Monday, November 19, 2018 Reuters China’s former chief trade negotiator hits out at Beijing for not thinking “deeply enough” about its approach to trade war with US. “If we have people who always talk about politics engaging in negotiations, we will never have a deal,” Long Yongtu said on Sunday. Long’s comments come as tensions between the two nations appear to thaw somewhat ahead of Trump and Xi’s meeting in Buenos Aires, Argentina later this month. China’s former chief trade negotiator has hit out at his country’s handling of rising trade tensions with the US, saying that Beijing is failing to think “deeply enough” about its approach to the conflict. Speaking on Sunday, Long Yongtu, a former minister in China’s foreign trade department told a conference that China has been too politically driven in talks so far, and should take a more pragmatic approach, focused on the economic realities of the trade war. “If we have people who always talk about politics engaging in negotiations, we will never have a deal,” he said at the annual conference of media outlet Caixin, according to a report from the South China Morning Post. “We don’t… Read full this story
- Trump Trade Negotiator Warns That Canada Is Running Out of Time
- Consumers could feel effect of China’s vow to retaliate for Trump tariffs
- U.S. vs. China Trade War: Can U.S., Donald Trump Win the Trade War with China?
- Trump tariffs on newsprint imports nullified
- Trump Tariffs: U.S. Readies Full-Scale China Trade War
- China trade surplus with US widens to record $34.1BYou may also be interested in...
- China Pulls Out of Washington Talks Over New Trump Tariffs as Trade War Escalates
- Stock market today: Hope for U.S.-China trade deal sends shares higher-2018-11-02
- Stock market today: Hope for U.S.-China trade deal sends shares higher-11-2-18
- Tech industry hit, but Apple and Fitbit spared by latest Trump tariffs
'We will never have a deal': China's former top trade negotiator warns Beijing is hurting itself in Trump tariff battle have 342 words, post on www.sfgate.com at November 19, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.