MOAB, Utah — Authorities say there’s been an explosion at a potash plant near Moab in eastern Utah but authorities aren’t saying whether there were any injuries.
The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office is leading the investigation into the Saturday explosion reported at the Intrepid Potash plant 7 miles (11 kilometers) southwest of Moab, but a dispatcher said no information is immediately available from the scene.
The sheriff’s office for neighboring Grand County reported on Facebook that there’d been explosion and it was providing assistance but it couldn’t provide additional information.
A spokesman for Denver-based Intrepid did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Intrepid manufactures fertilizer. The company also has plants in Carlsbad, New Mexico, and Wendover, Utah.
Moab is 196 miles (315 kilometers) southeast of Salt Lake City.
- Utah police officer survives crash after truck slams into patrol car along interstate
- Box Office Report: ‘PM Narendra Modi’ & ‘India’s Most Wanted’ witness growth on day 2
- Labour Ethnic Minority Party Officer Reported to Police for ‘Clear Voter Fraud’
- UK box office report, August 2–4: are Hobbs & Shaw fast enough for The Lion King?
- UK box office report, November 22-24: Frozen II is a stone-cold hit, and Blue Story defies the ban
- 'De De Pyaar De' box office report: Ajay Devgn, Tabu and Rakul Preet Singh starrer collects over Rs 10 crore on FIRST DAY!
- Commando 3 Earns Rs 4.74 Crore on Day 1, Madhurima Tuli Reported to Join Bigg Boss 13
- Frozen 2 Box Office Day 3: Disney Animation Film Earns Rs 19.10 Crore
- Commando 3 and Hotel Mumbai Box Office Day 2: Vidyut Jammwal's Film Emerges as Favourite
- Three Texas towns are ordered to evacuate after SECOND explosion at a chemical plant sends debris flying into the air, injuring three people and leaving residents to board up smashed window