WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Turkey is not entirely satisfied with the level of cooperation it is receiving from Saudi Arabia over the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi and may seek a formal United Nations inquiry over the issue if its liaising with Riyadh comes to an impasse, Turkish foreign minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Tuesday.Speaking to reporters in Washington after meeting with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Cavusoglu said Turkey has shared the latest information on the Khashoggi killing with the United States and repeated Ankara’s stance that the truth had to come out on who gave the orders to kill the journalist.gi “The cooperation with Saudi Arabia (over Khashoggi) is not at a level where we would want it to be,” Cavusoglu told reporters, adding that if liaising with Riyadh came to a standstill, Ankara could seek a formal U.N. inquiry.Khashoggi, a U.S.-based Washington Post columnist who was a critic of the Saudi government run by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was killed in October at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.After offering numerous contradictory explanations for Khashoggi’s disappearance, Riyadh said last week he had been killed and his body dismembered when “negotiations” to convince him to return to Saudi… Read full this story
- Turkey says EU hypocritical for attending Egypt summit after executions
- Turkey says European parliament resolution 'worthless'
- Turkey says suspension of EU accession talks 'unacceptable'
- Turkey says it will look to Russia if US won't sell F-35s
- Turkey, US seek better ties despite splits
- Turkey, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan to mull cooperation in energy sector
- Turkey says trying to convince US to allow Iranian oil imports
- Department of Health says public inquiry into Muckamore scandal 'not in public interest'
- Turkey says Russian S-400 defence system purchase done deal
- Turkey says buying S-400s should not trigger US sanctions
Turkey says it may seek U.N. inquiry if impasse in cooperation with Saudis have 312 words, post on www.euronews.com at November 20, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.