The truck was being driven by Ngo Van Mien, 38 from Hung Yen province, travelling through the National Highway 1A in the north-south direction. It suddenly caught fire when travelling through Hoai Duc commune in Hoai Nhon district.
Upon receiving the news, two fire engines and 30 fire fighters were mobilized to the scene to tackle the blaze. As the truck contained flammable materials such as paint, plastics and mattress, the fire rapidly escalated, engulfing the truck and causing huge explosions.
It took fire crews more than 10 minutes to bring the blaze under control. All goods that were in the truck were completely destroyed.
The cause of the incident is still under investigation.
- Tanker truck burns, collapsing California highway
- US plays good cop-bad cop as Korean crisis continues day after violence erupts between nations
- Columbus Day Protests Once Again Erupt As Nation Struggles With Its Dark, Anti-Italian Past
- Rahul Gandhi joins Wayanad's protests against highway traffic ban
- Hoa Binh hydropower plant to be expanded in Q2
- Hoa Binh hydropower plant to be expanded in Q2 of 2020
- Self-driving big rigs on U.S. highways? It's possible
- Self-driving truck makes first trip — a 120-mile beer run
- Obama to gov't, auto industry: Let's shape the trucks up
- Ram Production May Move to Mexico After All Because FCA Wants More Trucks