WHAT: An eight-bedroom, 11-bathroom estate in Aspen
LOCATION: 651 Pfister Drive
PRICE: $36 million
SIZE: 14,000 square feet on 3 acres, built this year
Built into a hillside that accentuates its zen rock garden, this masterpiece soaks in the sun with floor-to-ceiling windows. Doors to the outside are everywhere. Now, how does a house like this come about?
“The motivation was: clients were asking for true mountain modern,” said Bob Bowden, the house’s designer and founder of Bowden Homes, a real estate developer integrated from design to construction to furnishing and brokering. “No one was delivering. The homes on the market were Malibu modern, Miami modern but not a true mountain modern or mountain minimal. This (house) is clean — contemporary lines with local indigenous materials. What you’d expect in the mountains.”
“Mining gives you larger exposed steel,” Bowden said. “Some of the more rustic and frontier-type construction. I married that with a tip of the hat to the ski chalet — woods and relaxed feeling. You could wear ski boots or cowboy boots and feel at home. We keyed on and found the sweet spot for that, which is this house.”
The house sits aside the 11th tee of the Maroon Creek Club on Buttermilk Mountain and is down the road from Tiehack ski area.
“It’s a very custom home,” said Laci Dinan, a co-listing agent of this property. “It’s designed to be single-level living with views up Hunter Creek Valley, a master wing on the main level (and a) big deck space upstairs.”
Travel downstairs to a 14-person hot tub or go farther down to the basement’s media room, where a nine-screen TV wall awaits.
“We have a Planet Earth DVD playing during tours to show the quality,” Dinan said. “There’s a huge custom sofa made for that room down there. There’s also a spa on that level with a fitness room, jetted tub, mega steam shower and a massage room.”
651 Pfister Drive is about natural woods and easy finishes, Bowden said. “Relaxed, very honest. It has to look like, ‘Yeah, that’s what kind of floor would go here.’ ”
- Would you spend three years living in a garage to build your dream home?
- Street-based low emission zones ‘completely illogical’, MSPs told
- Dick's Sporting Goods has destroyed $5 million worth of weapons, CEO says
- Own a luxury new home build property for less than £43,000 - why is it so cheap?
- How old is Len Goodman, why did he quit Strictly Come Dancing and what has he done since?
- Six puppies stolen in armed raid on Manchester home die
- Wife of Northern Ireland road racing champ must come up with £18k for prosthetic leg
- Google virtual tour lets royal fans look around Prince Charles’ homes Clarence House and Highgrove
- How you can enter the Irish Lotto for a chance to win the £2.7 million jackpot
- Bulfinch Social, a modern brasserie, reopens inside The Boxer hotel