There are also the camps set up by the Roma community around the city (see photo below), which are regularly pulled down by the police. Another problem that doesn’t seem to have a solution. “There have been more and more French people ending up on the streets in recent years with rising unemployment. And there is a problem with the lack of local solidarity,” Louis-Xavier Leca, Director of La Cloche, an organisation that promotes relationships between neighbourhood businesses, residents and the homeless living there, told The Local. “After my own experience spending time in Chile and West Africa, I think it can be worse to fall on hard times in Paris than in poorer countries. People tend to be more isolated here,” he added. Threat of terrorism The threat of terrorism has plagued France and in particular its capital since 2015, after jihadist attacks left scores dead. Despite the violence, bars, restaurants and music venues have recovered well since the attacks in November 2015 and Parisians go about their daily lives as normal. It is still the norm to see soldiers and armed police wandering around the tourist hotspots as well as quiet, residential… Read full this story
- Bhavin Turakhia's French holiday took him to the darker side of Paris
- Going Solo In Bypolls Helped Expose BJP's ''Darker Side'': Akhilesh Yadav
- City Lights Chorus "shines" in competition
- 'Veronica Mars' Movie Trailer Showcases Darker Side of Neptune
- A Darker Side of Hungary
- New 'Doctor Who' trailer shows a darker side of the Doctor
- Kansas City Lights Up Huge Wi-Fi Zone
- Can Facebook overcome its darker side?
- Paris Hilton showcases her caring side as she snuggles with terminally ill children and hands out gifts during charity visit in Mexico City
- 'He didn't destroy me. We carry on. He lost': survivors of terror attacks look back
The other Paris: A look at the darker sides of the City of Light have 306 words, post on www.thelocal.fr at January 17, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.