LOS ANGELES — The Latest on U.S. House races in California (all times local):
Three U.S. House races in the one-time Republican stronghold of Orange County, California, remain too close to call.
Tens of thousands of votes remain uncounted in those districts, where the outcome remains in doubt three days after the election.
All the undecided contests Friday are in GOP-held districts targeted by Democrats.
In Orange County, Democrat Harley Rouda is holding a nearly 4-point edge over 15-term Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher in the 48th District.
Republican Rep. Mimi Walters was clinging to a 1-point advantage in her race in the 45th District against Democrat Katie Porter, while Republican Young Kim was leading in the 39th District in her contest against Democrat Gil Cisneros.
Meanwhile, in the Central Valley’s 10th District, Democrat Josh Harder was holding a slim edge over Rep. Jeff Denham.
Democrat Katie Hill has captured the last Republican-held U.S. House seat anchored in Los Angeles County.
Hill ousted Republican Rep. Steve Knight, who was seeking a third term in the 25th District that cuts through suburbs, horse ranches and high desert in northern Los Angeles County and a slice of Ventura County.
Knight conceded the race earlier this week. Hill maintained her election night lead after further vote counts were released Friday.
The victory will pad the Democratic advantage in the House next year.
A political newcomer, Hill has stressed her centrist politics. She’s a gun owner and her Republican father is a police officer who had never voted for a Democrat before her primary. Her mother, a Democrat, is a nurse.
- The Latest: Democrat Harder ousts California GOP Rep. Denham
- Porter ousts Walters in southern California as Dems flip another seat
- California has 4.5 million ballots left to count. That could spell trouble for GOP
- As 3 wildfires rage, California’s Red Flag Warning updated to last into the week
- Election 2018: Only 213 votes separate Republican Dante Acosta, Democrat Christy Smith in LA-area Assembly race
- Josh Harder declared winner over Republican Jeff Denham in California congressional race
- After the Fires, Scientists Race to Predict Deadly Mudslides
- Latest News: National Film Registry Turns 30
- Updated: Search our salary database of California state workers
- The Latest: California evacuees recount harrowing escape