Jamie L. LaReau Detroit Free Press Published 9:02 AM EST Jan 14, 2019 The Detroit Auto Show kicked off Monday with the announcement of the 2019 North American Car, Truck and Utility of the year awards. It was a big day for Hyundai. The car of the year award went to Hyundai’s luxury brand, Genesis G70; the utility of the year goes to Hyundai Kona and truck of the Year is the Ram 1500. William Lee, CEO of Hyundai North America, said he is “honored and delighted” with the awards. He said the Kona is “timeless and comfortable” and offers more than 450 miles of range. “Every employee in our company played a part in this award,” said Lee. For Genesis, Hyundai’s luxury the award was, “very unexpected,” said Manfred Fitzgerald, head of the Genesis brand, who also commended Honda and Volvo. “This is very meaningful to us being only in our third year as a brand. You cannot imagine how much this means to us as a brand,” said Fitzgerald. “This is definitely a motivation for us for the future. I promise there is much, much more to come.” Reid Bigland, head of Ram brand, said leaders at Fiat Chrysler knew the pickup was special… Read full this story
- Tesla Model S Voted Best Car Of The Past 70 Years By Motor Trend
- One of these 15 finalists will become Business Insider's 2018 Car of the Year
- Announcing The Winners Of The 2017 World Changing Ideas Awards
- 15 cars that changed the world
- San Francisco International Auto Show kicks off at Moscone Center
- We drove a $42,000 Toyota Highlander and a $40,000 Volkswagen Atlas to see which one is the better family SUV — here's the verdict
- Paradise no more. TVA votes to close iconic coal-burning power plant in Kentucky.
The car, truck and sport utility of year winners have 296 words, post on eu.freep.com at November 29, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.