CLARKSDALE, Miss. — Authorities in Mississippi are investigating the circumstances that led to a police officer fatally shooting a man. Capt. Johnny Poulos said in an emailed statement that the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation has been asked to investigate the shooting, which happened Saturday night in Clarksdale. The statement says Clarksdale police officers responding around 9:10 p.m. to a report of a prowler encountered 41-year-old Patrick Bryant. The statement says Bryan was fatally wounded in a backyard. A weapon was found at the scene. The statement doesn’t provide any further details. Poulos said the MBI is investigating and will share its findings with the district attorney’s office for review.
- Texas ex-cop pleads guilty to murdering pregnant girlfriend
- BRAVE: How Baton Rouge's promising anti-crime program folded, and where it goes from here
- Despite dip in 2018, Baton Rouge's murder rate still high; How do officials plan to address issue?
- Chronicling Baton Rouge's deadly toll of homicides in 2018
- Baton Rouge is 'not Gotham City' despite recent violence spike, Sharon Weston Broome says
Officer fatally shoots man in Mississippi have 180 words, post on www.startribune.com at November 11, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.