“We see Lombok is now safe and beautiful to visit,” he noted while accompanying ambassadors, who visited West Nusa Tenggara to offer donations for the construction of a mosque in Karang Langu Hamlet in North Lombok District on Friday.
He praised the ambassadors from friendly countries for visiting Lombok and expressed hope that their visit would help promote the province`s tourism, particularly in Lombok, to the people of their countries.
“We will urge ambassadors and diplomatic missions to showcase that Lombok is safe to visit. That is the message we want to deliver to the public abroad,” he noted.
The Foreign Ministry has invited 20 ambassadors from friendly countries in Jakarta to take part in a two-day diplomatic tour in Lombok on Nov 9-10.
The activity is aimed at reviving Lombok`s tourism after the island witnessed a series of earthquakes for a month since July 29, 2018.
Reporting by Nur Imansyah
Editing by Suharto
- 39 dead after strong earthquake hits Indonesia's Lombok island
- Breakup or make-up: Safe and extreme fixes for Celtics
- Eric Stonestreet makes an ‘official’ recruiting visit to K-State football team
- MLB Commissioner Believes World Series Winner Will Visit White House
- Another TMS race week is here: What to watch for with IndyCar Series
- Breakup or Make-Up: The Safe And Extreme Fixes For The Houston Rockets
- Breakup or Make-Up: The Safe and Extreme Fixes For The Cleveland Cavaliers
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl sets visit to KU; point guard target Tre Mann picks Florida
- Red Sox Manager on Potential White House Visit: ‘We’ll Talk About It’
- UNC loses its first game of College World Series and must win Oregon State rematch Wednesday