In March, I left New York to travel around the world as Business Insider’s international correspondent. In total, in my life, I’ve travelled to 30-plus countries and countless cities. As someone who travels full-time, I rarely cook and I am constantly looking for good, healthy, and cheap food near me. But that’s difficult when you are in new places you haven’t explored yet. My best tip for finding good, healthy, cheap food in a new place is to research the restaurant recommendation app or crowdsourced review site most used by residents of the place you are visiting. The most-used recommendation app changes from country to country and even city to city. But, if you know which one people use, you can tap into locals’ knowledge instead of relying on the concierge at your hotel. I’m not ashamed to call myself a foodie. The term has become wildly overused, abused, and then derided in recent years, but I take it to mean someone who is genuinely interested in the world’s multivarious cuisines. So you can imagine that when I left New York in March to become Business Insider’s international correspondent – and travel full-time – it was a dream come true…. Read full this story
- These are the world's most popular city destinations in 2019
- What's the world's most expensive city?
- Councils gear up for cold snap by stockpiling salt to make sure the roads are clear for voters to get to the polling booths on election day
- How to make sure your donated items aren't burdening charities
- Agencies use tricks to fuel Weibo trends
- Hong Kong named world's most expensive city for expats
- Where is the world's most walkable city?
- How To Make Sure Windows System Restore Works When You Need It
- How to avoid a pensions crisis and make sure you’ve saved enough for retirement
- 7 Useful Tricks for Mastering a New Programming Language
I've been travelling the world for 6 months and I use the same trick in any city I visit to make sure I find amazing food have 326 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at November 25, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.