If you want people to love you on Instagram, it doesn’t hurt to engage with other members of the community. Or, if you’re lazy and/or sneaky, you could try outsourcing the heavy lifting to one of a number of apps that use your Instagram credentials to follow, like, and comment on your behalf in an entirely automated fashion.
Instagram, not surprisingly, wants its service to be about human connections, not bots pelting members with spam interactions. It says that such apps violate its terms of service. And now it’s using machine learning to identify inauthentic activity and undo it. The company says it will notify the people who use such apps that it’s deleted the synthetic interactions, and will make them change their passwords so the apps can no longer hijack their accounts.
This sounds like good news for those of us who enjoy using Instagram rather than seeing it as a popularity contest to be won at any cost. Or at least I hope the company’s measures will help minimize the fake comments that occasionally overwhelm my own feed.
- Why there's no Instagram app for this really popular device
- Sophie Turner Mercilessly Mocks Instagram Influencers with Fake Promotional Video
- YouTuber fakes luxury Bali vacation with pics taken in Ikea. Watch how
- 'I hope that's the last one': Father-of-three David Warner reveals he doesn't want any more children with wife Candice... as he discusses his plans to play in the 2023 Cricket World Cup
- Wells Fargo Agrees To Pay $3 Billion Settlement In Fake Accounts Scandal
- How to go live on Instagram
- 'Take the filter off!' YouTuber, 18, with more than a million followers is accused of PHOTOSHOPPING the effects of fake tan she was paid to plug on Instagram
- Hilarious memes about Trump's fake tan lines say he looks like a character from CATS and joke he uses Cheetos as make-up
- Kim Kardashian 'Doesn’t Want to Change' Kanye West Amid His Outspoken Opinions: 'She Supports Him'
- Influencer reveals how she faked a holiday to Bali by having a sneaky photoshoot in IKEA to prove how easy it is to pretend to have a glamorous lifestyle online