Imelda Marcos to appeal Sandiganbayan verdict ILOCOS Norte Rep. Imelda Marcos will file a motion for reconsideration on her graft conviction by the Sandiganbayan, the former first lady said in a statement on Friday. The 89-year-old Marcos was convicted for participating in the management of several Swiss foundations while she was a member of the interim Batasang Pambansa and when she was minister of the Ministry of Human Settlements from 1968 to 1986. Neither she nor her legal counsels were present during the promulgation earlier on Friday. “We have just received a copy of the Decision of the Sandiganbayan’s 5th Division, which was promulgated on November 9, 2018. Unfortunately, my Attorney of Record, Robert Sison, has been indisposed and is presently confined at the Asian Hospital,” Marcos said in a statement. She added that Justice Manuel “Lolong” Lazaro, who previously appeared as her legal counsel in her graft case, will act as her lawyer in the interim. “Lazaro is presently studying the decision and has advised us that he intends to file a Motion for Reconsideration,” Marcos said.