Meredith Cash, provided by
Published 12:07 pm PST, Friday, November 9, 2018
Sam Greenwood/Getty Images
Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson — two of the biggest names in golf over the past 25 years — have at times been bitter rivals and throughout their long history as both opponents and teammates, the duo hasn’t always had such a chummy relationship.
Remarkably, the perceived animosity towards one another has bloomed into incredible respect for one another now that they’re nearing the end of their 20-plus years of competition. This includes an upcoming one-on-one, winner-take-all match that will air on pay-per-view.
Take a look at some of the best quotes from the evolution of their bromance:
With a combined 19 major championships and nearly a quarter of a century’s worth of competition between them, Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods have a long and complicated history.
By the time Woods turned professional in 1996, Mickelson had nine wins under his belt. Still, by the end of his rookie season, Tiger amassed two victories and began to take the world by storm.
The following year, Woods won the Masters to become the youngest golfer to ever win a major championship. Mickelson, who is six years older, still had not achieved that feat.
Stephen Munday /Allsport
- You Can Buy A Bugatti House On A Tiger Woods Golf Course
- Tiger Woods' Ex Wants Out of Her NDA
- Here's What Tiger Woods Did To His $200,000 Mercedes
- The Porsche Carrera GT Was Too Much Car For Tiger Woods
- Tiger Woods Threatens Legal Action Over Nude Photo Hack
- Tiger Woods Claims Prescribed Medications, Not Alcohol, to Blame for DUI Charge
- Does Tiger Woods prove Google CEO right?
- Golf, Sport's Most Prominent Symbol Of The Patriarchy, Is Dying. We Should Dance On Its Grave.
- Crave giveaway: Arccos Golf GPS performance-tracking system
- Finally, A Game That Makes You Feel Terrible About Liking Golf