Every airline has a different policy when it comes to charging fees for your luggage.
On one end of the spectrum, Southwest Airlines permits customers to check up to two bags for free, with a third checked bag costing $US75.
On the other end, budget airlines such as Frontier and Spirit won’t let you take any bags on the plane for free – even a carry-on – meaning they might not be the smartest options for travellers with lots of baggage.
We compared the baggage fees for eight different US-based airlines to see how they stack up. Take a look at the graphic below to help you decide which airline you should take for your next trip.
NOW WATCH: Ideas videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.
- Bluesmart shuts down after airlines ban smart luggage
- Grab Seats on These Frontier Flights for $25
- Here are the 85+ startups that launched at YC’s W19 Demo Day 1
- The Toll of a New Machine
- Do All These Things Before Traveling Internationally
- My (short) life as an airport security guard
- The rise and fall of a super-intelligent, self-aware Facebook game