Vince Ellis Detroit Free Press Published 7:00 AM EST Nov 21, 2018 Ish Smith addressed the issue with humor. The normally mild-mannered Detroit Pistons point guard came into the season with two technical fouls over his eight seasons. He already has that number through 14 games. “It’s kind of weird because I’m usually the good guy,” Smith deadpanned after Tuesday’s brief practice. “I don’t know what the refs seeing this year.” And then Smith turned serious. After four technicals in the fourth quarter of Monday night’s 113-102 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers — the Pistons (8-6) easily lead the league in technical fouls with 15. Although Smith didn’t draw the officials’ ire Monday, he agreed with Pistons coach Dwane Casey and star forward Blake Griffin that enough is enough. “We do gotta stop,” Smith admitted. “It’s getting a little bit out of hand. I’ve got three. I’ve only got one outside the three I got this year in previous years. “We gotta clean it up, if possible. You gotta be little political, politically correct when you speak to them. They’re human beings. You gotta respect them, respect the game, respect the league. “Last night was a little too outrageous.” Pistons… Read full this story
- Detroit Pistons coach Dwane Casey's calm in preseason victory
- Detroit Pistons coach: Joel Embiid a 'bully' who flopped
- Detroit Pistons coach Dwane Casey wants players 'hurting the rim'
- Detroit Pistons coach Dwane Casey: DeMar DeRozan is 'why you coach'
- Detroit Pistons coach Dwane Casey gives Andre Drummond the green light on 3-pointers
- Wizards Add Dwight Howard, Coach Wants Team to Stop Talking
- Boston Celtics, Jaylen Brown limit Detroit Pistons star Blake Griffin in dominant win
- Boston Celtics vs. Detroit Pistons: Aron Baynes available, Celtics 'thrilled' with Robert Williams' progress
- Bruce Brown, 'Boston tough' Detroit Pistons guard, thought he might get drafted by hometown Boston Celtics
- Detroit Pistons play recording of Aretha Franklin singing national anthem
Detroit Pistons coach wants team to treat officials with respect have 326 words, post on eu.freep.com at November 20, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.