The plan is to create “a lifestyle-focused media network for Magnolia,” he said.
“The details surrounding this opportunity remain a work in progress, but together, our hope is to build a different kind of platform for unique, inspiring and family-friendly content,” Marsicano said.
When announcing the return to television on The Tonight Show, Chip referred to a non-disclosure agreement he signed with Discovery and joked that it allowed him to only tell his mother. So he picked that moment to tell her and while the rest of the audience was listening. He’s the business mind of this power couple and Joanna is the creative genius.
“We’re going to carve it out in a way that makes sense for our family,” Chip said. “Filming will be in Waco so the they don’t have to travel a lot.”
No other details were shared other than to say the whole family, including their five children, will be part of the programming.
Here’s how Chip made the announcement with a nod to his mother, Gayle Gaines who lives in North Texas. (Chip was raised in Colleyville and graduated from Grapevine High School.)
“We signed a non-disclosure and it said quote unquote you can tell your mother but that’s it. So mom, I just wanted to make a quick announcement. We are coming back to television. You are going to get to see the kids grow up, you are going to see us…”
- HGTV's 'Fixer Upper' Stars Chip And Joanna Gaines Announce TV Return
- Inside Joanna Gaines' very first kitchen: 2 objects she adored above all
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Couple Chip and Joanna Gaines to Get Their Own TV Network
- ‘Fixer Upper’ stars Chip and Joanna Gaines returning to TV with their own network
- Chip and Joanna Gaines are Coming Back to Television, Y’all
- David Zaslav Says Chip and Joanna Gaines’ HGTV Exit ‘Sucked All the Air Out of My Lungs’
- ‘Flip or Flop’ Star Christina El Moussa Slams In Touch Over Joanna Gaines Rivalry Report: ‘What a Load of Bulls—‘
- Joanna Gaines Shares Her Secret to Making a House Smell Divine
- Joanna Gaines To Release Children's Book
- Joanna Gaines tells how to make a house a home in new book