By Erin Baldassari | [email protected] | Bay Area News GroupPUBLISHED: November 15, 2018 at 6:05 am | UPDATED: November 15, 2018 at 6:09 am SAN FRANCISCO — Long the holy grail for cycling advocates in the Bay Area — a bike and pedestrian path spanning the entire length of the Bay Bridge, offering unparalleled views of San Francisco and a carbon-free alternative to soul-sucking traffic — has, for decades, remained tantalizingly out of reach. It’s just three short miles from San Francisco to Yerba Buena Island, where a bike path to Oakland on the new east span opened in 2016, but it might as well be Mars. Early cost estimates for the path were astronomical and technical challenges loomed large. The project got a little bit more grounded, though, with the release of a study that will be presented publicly for the first time on Monday. The study shows it is technically possible to build — but it won’t be cheap, and it won’t be easy. Cost estimates for the roughly three-mile path, which includes touchdowns on both ends, range from $341 million to nearly $429 million, figures that could rise as the design gets closer to completion. There are numerous other… Read full this story
- Massive Star Wars Star Destroyer LEGO Set Has 4,700 Pieces & a Huge Price Tag
- Trying to get on the Bay Bridge? Lanes are open after big-rig crash but San Francisco is gridlocked
- AC Transit bus crash near Bay Bridge results in injuries, severe traffic
- Video appears to show terror suspect walking around after hitting people on New York City bike path
- Striking photos show the Bay Bridge under construction
- 83 years ago, the Bay Bridge opened to the public
- Subaru STI S209 Gets Incentive To Help Handle $65,000 Price Tag
- New Bike Path Work About To Start, And Creek Still Backed up!
- West Ham set £40m price tag on wantaway striker Marko Arnautovic after he hands in second transfer request
- Genesis G80 Sport Gets A $55,250 Price Tag
Bay Bridge bike path on west span would offer ‘breathtaking views’ — and a huge price tag have 324 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at November 15, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.