Breaking News Emails
WASHINGTON — Former President Barack Obama practically brought the house down at Michelle Obama’s book show in Washington.
The former first lady is currently touring the country promoting her memoir, “Becoming,” and participated in a conversation Saturday night moderated by her longtime friend and former Obama White House adviser Valerie Jarrett.
When the conversation shifted toward Mrs. Obama’s feelings about her husband, Jarrett announced a “special guest” and Barack Obama came on stage carrying a bouquet of pink roses for his wife.
The crowd at Capital One Arena leapt to its feet.
Jarrett asked him what about Michelle Obama captured his heart when they met at a Chicago law firm where she was his mentor.
Barack Obama said she was “one of a kind,” strong and honest, and someone he knew he could always count on.
He also said he knew that if she was the mother of his children their offspring would be “extraordinary.”
- Cowboys Legends Tony Romo and Emmitt Smith Golf with Barack Obama During Masters
- How far will UH go in Barack Obama's bracket?
- Larry Fitzgerald nets hole in one in round of golf with President Barack Obama
- Steph Curry joins Barack Obama for My Brother's Keeper event
- March Madness 2019: Barack Obama picks Duke to win it all
- Warriors visit former President Barack Obama during D.C. trip
- Barack Obama has that Perfect Colgate Smile In Every Photograph
- Barack Obama discusses Argentina & Messi's World Cup struggles
- Barack Obama headlines a star-studded crowd to watch Duke-UNC
- Larry Fitzgerald apparently hits a hole-in-one while golfing with Barack Obama