On Halloween night, firefighters in Ireland were tricked by an optical illusion when a building appeared to be burning.
The Dublin Fire Brigade posted a video of the illusion on Twitter, and it’s seriously confusing the internet.
Take a look at the puzzling video.
While it looks like there is a fire in the second-story window, the fire department explained that the building was not, in fact, burning. It was actually just the reflection of a “large bonfire in the city centre.”
If you look closely, the fire is only a reflection – it’s not inside the building.
Take a second look at the illusion and you’ll see the reflection on the third floor as well.
The department said that they responded to 337 fire calls on Halloween night – about 200 of which were Halloween related, like uncontrolled bonfires.
VisitINSIDER’s homepage for more.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.
- What Happens to Your Brain When You Look at an Optical Illusion?
- Firefighters taking heat for snapping selfies while historic Jersey Shore building burns to the ground behind them
- Ocean Grove fire: Firefighters posed for pictures while building burned
- Firefighters battle fire burning on southeast Colorado plains
- Five-Alarm Fire at Bronx Apartment Building Injures 10
- Baker Who Apologized for 'Build The Wall' Cookies Takes Back Apology
- Notre-Dame Attic Was Known as ‘the Forest.’ And It Burned Like One.
- Purdue looks for commercial opportunities for firefighting robot
- Monroe Ave fire: Rochester firefighter John Grieco was saved after mayday
- 33 displaced as Jersey City firefighters battle three blazes in 10-hour span